Friday 24 April 2015

Work Experience,Projects and Hip Hop

This week was my second last week at work experience. I got it at nine thirty as usual and got to work cleaning, preparing food and waitressing. This has to be my favourite work experience , as I am never bored and always have something to do. My supervisor Debbie offered me a job as well, which I started last week. I can't wait!

This week, we've also been preparing for TY Night, which is on Monday 25th April. We've been practicing songs to perform in Irish and Music, and have been getting all our projects ready. We will be presenting them on the night, and also showing our music videos that we made a few months ago.

I'm really enjoying all the projects we have to do at the moment- especially our geography projects. Our challenge is to go on an around the world trip, spending only 12,000 per person. We must visit two First World Countries, two Second World and two Third World Countries. I'm doing my project with Michaela (so we have 24,000 to spend which is a bit better), and we have decided to go to Denmark, Hungary, Nepal, Mongolia, Japan, and Zimbabwe. I really enjoy doing this project, as we have to plan out all the flight, food and travel costs. After my trip to Nepal, I've decided to do a lot of travelling when I leave school, and maybe go back and volunteer in the hospital. The trip has definitely been my favourite experience of TY and has changed my perspective on a lot of things.

We've also been doing Hip-Hop instead of P.E. for the last few weeks. This has been an interesting experience, as I'm not the best dancer-but I've been enjoying it a lot. We're getting a dance ready for TY night, and its going really well.


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.