Friday 1 May 2015

Another Week...

My last day at work experience was a great one. I start properly working there on Saturday, so Debbie, my supervisor, was showing me all the little things that have to be done in the morning and evening when the restaurant opens. I got in at nine thirty as usual and put my apron on to start work. I washed and sliced potatoes to make chips, as I usually do in the mornings. I really like this job as its not too difficult and a good skill to have. Afterwards, I washed dishes, sliced tomatoes and mushrooms, cleaned the kitchen units and the ovens, and helped prepare the food. At lunch Alan the chef made me lasagna, and I went out the front to eat it.

In the afternoon I spent most of my time waitressing,cleaning and organizing out front. Debbie told me how things were run on the weekends. She was also telling me that a lot of famous people seem to come into the cafe, as many of them fly their private jets into the airport! I cleared tables, took orders and made sure the customers were happy until four. I'm looking forward to going in on the weekend, as the staff there are so nice, and I'll have a chance to meet new people.

On Tuesday evening, me and a few other girls from my year participated in a Spanish quiz in Dublin. I had only found out about it at Tuesday lunchtime, so didn't really know what to expect. We got the bus from the school at five and Ms Macken, who came with us, brought lots of treats for the bus. We picked up King's Hospital on the way who had won the year before. They brought a very intimidating trophy with them onto the bus! 

We arrived at the school at around half six, paid our entrance fee and were led into the main hall where all the tables were laid out. We were all kind of nervous, as we didn't know what to expect. The quiz was on Spain, and there were questions on geography, history and culture. I think we all enjoyed ourselves a lot, even though our team didn't do amazingly (...) We even got refreshments in the middle, so that definitely made the night for me!
Kings Hospital won again, so on the bus on the way home we all ordered pizza and stopped off at Apache, I had a great time and will definitely go again next year, although I might prepare myself more next time!


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.